Saturday, January 17, 2009

Scarecrow - demo / live@CBGB

A buddy of mine requested some old New York bands some time ago and I went searching like a madman for them. I found a couple of his requests at Soundclick (someone there has a lot of access to these gems!).
I had to download all the songs individually, you can too if you want to (check links in this post). I'm just making it easier for you guys by compiling it myself. ;) Some links there were broken so erm, I just got it from their Myspace instead when I could, but it's lower quality, sorry!

So, among those, I'm starting with Scarecrow, a kinda Siouxsie-ish goth band born in late '83. They were apparently very influential to the NY goth scene in their day. According to their Myspace, they had a 3 song demo (the same first three tracks here; but you can hear more demo/studio songs there). My personal favorite is "Mother's Crawling", I just find it a twistedly dark song! The remaining huge portion of it is the band playing live at Manhattan's CBGB venue (the venue famous for all those punk bands and such), in January and March '84.

1. "Mother's Crawling"
2. "Blood in My Dreams"
3. "Concrete is My Pillow"
4. "Blood in My Dreams" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
5. "Laughing Effigy" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
6. "Pan Bang" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
7. "Down in Flames" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
8. "Mother's Crawling" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
9. "Anteroom" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
10. "Concrete is My Pillow" (live at CBGB, Jan '84)
11. "Temple" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
12. "Blood in My Dreams" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
13. untitled (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
14. "Anteroom" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
15. "Water's Edge" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
16. "Laughing Effigy" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
17. "Mother's Crawling" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)
18. "Concrete is Your Pillow" (live at CBGB, Mar '84)

Here it is!

Soundclick (source): http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=130196
Myspace: www.myspace.com/scarecrownyc84

No comments: